Sunday, January 29, 2012

I heart February

I have a thing for February. I can remember when I was in elementary school every February decorating Valentine's Day cards and designing my Valentine's Day Box to receive the cards from all my friends and hoping to get a good card from the cute boy in class. You know, the anticipation, the nervousness, the hope of having someone else want YOU to be THEIR Valentine!


I often refer to myself as not being very sentimental. However, I am a bit of a romantic if you will.... Can you be one without the other? I think so. Hmmmm that's really beside the point as far as this post goes.  I digress... I was not the girl that chased the boy down and give 'em a kiss.

I like to ease into things... Measure the angles, read the directions, get advice, ponder and weigh before taking action. Ohhhhh okay! Yes, procrastination.... ha! The early bird may get the worm....but it's a worm, right! ....I'd rather eat steak! :) And, not to mention, the early worm gets eaten. (*wink)

So as far as taking a Polar Bear Plunge goes it would take the encouragement of others. On my own, I am usually the one that eases into the water. Yes, toes, knees, then everything else. But sometimes with the help of others we can be pushed outside of our comfort zones. Good friends are good for that! Glad I have some good friends! ...and no, this is not me and my buddy.. generic Google images pic. ha!

So naturally I spend my birthday month (January) pondering the previous year, setting goals for the year ahead...taking my time enjoying my birthday (it takes a month to celebrate a life as long as I've had~hey don't hate! By the time I'm 50 I plan to celebrate all year long - now that's a party!!)

And yes, I have gone from Valentine's Day to Goal setting. But when considering either situation thoughtful planning is needed and attention to details is desired. Nothing ventured nothing gained.. so I will not just sit on my rear and "plan" my life away, I plan to live it....

But don't forget like a good boyscout, I was a brownie ;) ~Always be prepared!  

No comments:

Post a Comment