Monday, February 20, 2012

Long Weekends Rock!!

I am really not a morning person. Actually, I rather enjoy mornings...IF it's spent sleeping in and drifting in and out as I snuggle under the covers and wake up to the smell of coffee roasting and better yet pancakes, or even better, breakfast in bed! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! Truth~ I've never been motivated enough to program the coffee maker, have occasionally been awakened by the smell of pancakes (yummo!), and haven't had breakfast in bed since I was a little girl for my birthday...I <3 MOM! ...Getting up before 7AM and running 11 miles takes a bit of motivation for this girl! Not generally the way I would prefer to start the day.  So having a group of people that are crazy enough to get up and run in the cold with ya sure does help!

 Me and my cuz Courtney... see, it looks like we are having fun! right? I am trying to let my "competitive nature" not get the best of me on training runs and just take it easy like I'm supposed to on long runs. Which in this case paid off because 11 miles felt reasonable.

Even the next day... I did finally find a pair of compression socks that fit my Big-O calves (15inches of pure muscle I tell ya!) Wore these babies to church (under my jeans) then headed out for a recovery run.

I noticed this a while ago, but it still irritates me that they have changed the distance of the track... Apparently it took a year, maybe two for someone to realize that it is really 9 times around the track instead of 8.... Why does this bother me? People should just get it right the first time! AND the last five laps of my five mile runs seem a bit longer.... Sunday's run was just 3 miles, so not that big of a deal. I do appreciate the warm, dry place to run, and have become a bit of a cold weather weenie as of late since I have this indoor track to dart around. ;)

 Came home and took my boys for a walk. Zach and Gus.

 Thank you Road Runners for the core work station! I get a kick outa watching my Zach-Zach tough it out!

 He said he saw a prince in a Disney movie draw out his sword like this.... Isn't he cute! He will be some girl's prince charming some day....... A loooooooooong time from now of course. He came home this week saying he and his friends were talking about who they were going to marry when they turned 18.... Ummmmm I don't think so mister!!! Try 35! Ha!

And finally, my family enjoys when I have extra time to actually prepare a meal! At least I think they do.... with the day off today (Thank you Mr. Presidents!) I grilled out some chicken legs added a little BBQ sauce and Mmmmmm mmmmm gooood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment